Saturday, December 30, 2006

Ok, so first off let me apologies for not posting in a while. It has been kind of crazy now that we are open. It’s not that we have been overrun with business or anything, it is just that there was more to get ready than we though. Plus, you can factor in the holidays and all. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone by the way!!! Dan, you wanted to see some stuff, so these pictures are for you. I had to put the ugly pictures of me in there, just to prove to you that I really am doing the work :-)



Well, our first couple of weeks have been interesting to say the least. Not that we have changed the world yet, but we have done some good work. We have honored some people with memorial tattoos, we have bonded with families that came to watch, and we even got one woman who said that she was NEVER going to a church, to admit that if church was in the shop, that she might consider it. And another person who would like to be part of a bible study that we plan to start there.
I can guarantee, that we have a place were “community” is happening whether we want it to or not!

All in all, I think this ministry could really work here. People are hanging out and talking (Yes everyone, even Patrick has sat and shot the breeze in a tattoo shop a couple of times! I am willing to bet it’s the first time that has happened…. But not the last I hope!!). They are getting their tattoos and not walking out right away. It kind of reminds me of the barber shops of the 40’s. Not that I am that old mind you…. I just look it some days. I think God is moving at Sacred Ink, and I can’t wait to see what happens next. Keep checking back, and don’t forget to call for an appointment. That includes you Dan & Billie!!!!!!

Till next time…. Peace!

Pete

5 comments:

subartist said...

Now that is what I am talking about. Getting those Pics. out for the people to see. God does Work in mysterious ways. Just when you are about to give up in hope he always is there to get us through. Awesome Pete.

PatrickMead said...

Pete... you would be surprised at the places I've hung out in. Some of them, I was even there voluntarily! When you can do a tattoo of me all over me (only taller) let me know.

Jo said...

Lol @ Patrick!

Great to see you up and running, Pete. If I ever decide to get some body art I'll know where to go.

I hope you are greatly blessed in 2007!

Anonymous said...

hey! i was looking for you guys one day, and i dont think i found you. i was on 9 and john r. anyways, i was really looking forword to getting some work done! could someone tell me where exactall you are so i can stop buy and get a tattoo priced? thanks GB

Pete Grant said...

Kris T.. If you are the one that posted on Josh Graves site about stopping by, I tried to email you, but your link wasn't working.

we are at 4007 9mile. It is on the north side of 9mile, just east of Ryan. Give us a call at 586-855-1575!!

see you soon,
Pete