Wednesday, October 11, 2006


So close, and yet so far…. Well, we are well on the road to seeing our vision become a reality. Well, sort of. We were all set to open Sacred Ink Tattoos. We had the place picked out, we were picking fonts for the sign, and then we met, (think scary music here) the Chief Zoning Inspector (think frantic screaming here). He was so helpful, he even gave us the useful suggestion that we look in another town to set up shop. I am sure he had only our best interests at heart. So, we have driven every major street in this town, which by the way happens to be the third largest city in Michigan (I think). As near as I can tell, there is only one more place that fits our needs and budget all at the same time. Well, I guess God knows that I am not the sharpest tool in the box (yes, I really did just call myself a tool), and so it looks like He as narrowed the search for me. That way I don’t have to make as many pesky decisions.

Now as frustrating as all this is, a strangely uplifting and odd thing has happened in the meantime. The church I attend is a wonderful place that is filled with fairly affluent mainstream folks. When our “Pulpit Minister” (but really he ministers to more than the pulpit. Although, the pulpits do seem rather happy) announced to our congregation that we were opening a Christian tattoo shop, the people actually responded very well. Even though it may be pretty far outside their box, they think it is a great idea. I guess it just goes to show you…. You never know where and when you may be blessed. How cool is it to belong to a group of people who love God, more than they love their own preconceived notions about how things “ought” to be done?!?!? Then again, how cool is it to have a God that loves us this much anyway?!?!?!

Now here is a funny turn of events. In between the last paragraph, and this one, my whole day went right down the sewer! Funny how that works isn’t it? I guess it is a lot like getting tattooed. One spot feels like a hot poker, then the needle moves a quarter of an inch, and thing are just fine. But you always know, that at any given moment, without any warning, that hot poker is coming back! Hey if it didn’t hurt, it wouldn’t be a tattoo. And if it didn’t hurt, it wouldn’t be real life, now would it.

I hope you like the picture of me that should be on this page. Not many people can get away with the Santa glasses!! I am still new at all this, and am doing my best to figure it out. Just like life…..

1 comment:

PatrickMead said...

Very cool, Pete. If it's any consolation, you're one of the nicest tools I know. We are thrilled to have you as a part of the Rochester Church mission. Don't know what threw your day into a tailspin, but you can rely on our prayers. God be with you, my friend. (and look at our photos. DUDE! We could be twins!)